The why and wherefore of designing for sound with textiles.
How technical fabrics aid acoustic control; reflection, absorption coefficients; design.
ETFE moves mainstream.
New fabrics and printing technologies open up design possibilities.
Learn strategies for designing for climates where scarce water, large temperature swings and delicate ecosystems require careful intervention.
Fabric structures may require an architect to collaborate with a code consultant.
God is in the details when it comes to tension structure design.
How to keep membrane materials looking new over time.
The Fabric Structures Association promotes the use and growth of fabric structures in the Americas. FSA has an AIA/CES approved course on how fabric structures that use fabric can be incorporated into your designs. It lists the types of fabric structures, materials used in these structures and describes the history of fabric structures. After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand what lightweight structures are.
- Comprehend different types of structures and their uses.
- Understand energy and sustainability issues in regards to these structures.
- Grasp the basic design process.
- Understand the different materials used in fabric structures.
- Identify the advantages of using fabrics as a building material.