understand concerns about COVID-19/Coronavirus are top of mind, and we want to
be as transparent as possible and share information about what we are doing to
prepare for the Geosynthetics Conference: CASE STUDIES 2020 in North
Charleston, SC USA.
Many of our exhibitors will be onsite soon to setup for the show, and we want to assure you of the following:
- Our top priority is focused on the health and safety of all participants at Geosynthetics Conference: CASE STUDIES 2020, including attendees, exhibitors, vendors, staff, industry partners, and others involved in the show.
- We are proceeding as planned to hold a safe and successful Geosynthetics Conference: CASE STUDIES 2020 in North Charleston, SC USA, March 8-10, 2020
- We anticipate some reduction in attendance based on travel restrictions.
- Ultimately, we encourage everyone to make responsible decisions and stay home if they are sick.
What is Show Management doing to prepare for the shows in regard to COVID-19?
- IFAI leadership will continue to closely monitor the news and will follow any protocols that are provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO). IFAI encourages exhibitors and attendees to take common-sense precautions by using hand sanitizer and following these guidelines set by the CDC when they are onsite at the show.
- IFAI is working closely with all show partners including the North Charleston Convention Center and hotels to ensure the safety of all show participants.
- IFAI is taking steps to address concerns by providing heightened levels of cleanliness, including:
- Working with the North Charleston Convention Center & host hotels to ensure additional hand sanitizers will be provided throughout the show.
- Providing hand sanitizers in all registration areas, meeting/education spaces, and lounges including several areas within the convention center and host hotels.
Has the show been impacted by COVID-19?
- At this point, one international exhibitor and a few attendees have been impacted by COVID-19 due to the travel restrictions, and the spread of the virus. IFAI anticipates that there could be a reduction in attendance due to general concerns over the spread of COVID-19. IFAI has not had substantial cancellations to indicate that the show would be dramatically hindered at this point.
Will you refund my registration fee if I choose to not attend the show?
- Our attendee show rules and regulations state that we do not offer refunds for registration fees due to cancellations.
- However, if travel restrictions are announced by the U.S. government that prevent continued activities at the show, IFAI Leadership will reconsider the cancellation policy under these new circumstances. We will inform you of there has been a change to the registration policy after the show.
- To inform of any cancellations, please email: email@example.com.
What are you doing to prevent those from high-risk areas from attending the shows?
- We are encouraging everyone to make responsible decisions to stay home if they are sick or have been in contact with anyone who has travelled from high risk areas and to not travel if they are traveling from high-risk areas.