The 17th annual international workshop on architectural membrane structures will introduce new materials and techniques in Berlin
Textile Roofs 2012 workshop provides fundamental information, state-of-the-art textile roof engineering and practical, hands-on sessions. Lectures—presented in English—are given by leaders in the membrane structure industry.
During afternoons, workshop sessions will provide opportunities for both physical and computational modeling under the guidance of the instructors. Each participant will work with advanced and high-end software. In parallel sessions, participants will learn about a joint project on the roofing of one of the Geodätenstand platforms. Results of this joint project with students will be presented at the last day wrap-up.
Monday, May 14, evening: special guest lecture by Wolfgang Rudorf-Witrin, of CENO Tec GmbH, Greven, Germany.
Tuesday, May 15, evening: sightseeing tour of Berlin by boat, followed by a banquet.
Invited speakers include:
- Ms. Prof. Birgitt Brinkmann, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany
- Olivier Dufour, Esmery Caron, Dreux, France
- Françoise Fournier, Serge Ferrari SA, La Tour-du-Pin, France
- Prof. Christoph Gengnagel, UdK Berlin, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. h.c. Lothar Gründig, University of Technology Berlin, Germany
- Dipl.-Ing. Matthias Gühne, Textilbau GmbH, Trittau, Germany
- Dipl.-Ing. Kai Heinlein, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Jürgen Hennicke, University Stuttgart & TU Vienna; Stuttgart, Germany/Vienna, Austria
- Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Holl, technet GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany
- Rogier Houtman, Tentech BV, The Netherlands
- Dipl.-Ing. Christoph Paech, schlaich bergermann und partner, Stuttgart, Germany
- Wolfgang Rudorf-Witrin, CENO Tec GmbH, Greven, Germany
- Dr.-Ing. Dieter Ströbel, technet GmbH, Stuttgart, Germany
- Osama Thawadi, Gulf Shade, Bahrain
- Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Wacker, Wacker Ingenieure, Birkenfeld, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rosemarie Wagner, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Dl Dr. techn. Robert Wehdorn-Roithmayr, Formfinder Software GmbH, Vienna, Austria
Cost: €800 until May 1, 2012; €850 after May 1.