The Architectural Competition Concours d’Architecture [AC-CA] is hosting an international competition to design an Architecture School Tower in Dubai, providing an alternative environment for studying and training to become an architect within this global city. This competition hopes to achieve the following:
- Encourage and reward design excellence on a large scale, which integrates function, structure, detail, etc.
- Increase research for design of “vertical” education environments or structures.
- Generate discussion and ideas about educational buildings together with the employment of sustainable design consideration.
- Offer students an opportunity to experience the best education through the use of the most functional pedagogical tool of which this tower will form an integral part.
The new building should create a strong architectural symbol and statement within the city.
Participants are challenged to create and suggest the most desirable vertical educational environment with their design proposal that best serves these students aiming to be part of the unique profession of architecture. The single-stage competition aims to identify the most appropriate proposal, which best satisfies the general and specific objectives of the contest.
Architects, architecture graduates, engineers and students, along with interdisciplinary teams are encouraged to enter the competition. Submissions can be the work of an individual or a group up to four members and there is no age limit.
Winning participants will receive prizes totaling $6,000 (U.S.) with the distribution as follows:
- 1st prize: $3,500
- 2nd prize: $1,700
- 3rd prize: $800
- There will also be seven honorable mentions
The closing date for registration is Feb. 21. Submissions are due by Feb. 24.
This international competition is hosted by [AC-CA]™ to generate progressive contemporary design ideas. There are no plans for the Architecture School Tower to be built.